Last updated: May 1, 2022
Our Site, App, and Services are not intended for individuals under the age of majority in Canada. We do not knowingly collect personal information from such individuals.
How we collect, use and disclose Qualifying Transaction information
We may collect and store the following Qualifying Transaction information in connection with your use of our Site, App, and Services:
- Information from Service Providers: When you agree to have Lynq connect to Service Providers (a party retained by us to act on our behalf to provide, or to assist us in providing, the App and the Services) on your behalf, we will collect Qualifying Transaction data from the Service Providers via our Services. Qualifying Transactions are defined as purchases of products or services from Participating Merchants paid for with a Linked Card. Qualifying Transaction data that is being collected and shared includes:
- final price (including tax and any other applicable fees) of the Qualifying Transaction;
- Participating Merchant location;
- last four digits of your Linked Card;
- time of the Qualifying Transaction.
We will use the Qualifying Transaction information we collect for the purposes of:
- confirming a Qualifying Transaction has been made;
- issuing the Lynq Rewards due to you based on your Qualifying Transaction;
- creating a record of Qualifying Transactions in connection with Promotional Rewards;
- assessing the results of Promotional Rewards;
- conducting analysis to help improve the Services.
We may disclose the Qualifying Transaction information we collect for the purpose of:
· enabling the redemption of any Lynq Rewards due to you;
- providing anonymized data to Participating Merchants for the purpose of understanding the performance of the Services;
- providing information to regulatory authorities if required.
Other information we collect
In addition to Qualifying Transaction information, we may collect and store the following categories of information in connection with your use of our Site, App, and Services, including but not limited to:
- Registration information: When you register for the Services, you will be asked for your email address and password.
- Identification information: You will be asked to provide your first name and phone number.
- Service Provider credentials: You may also provide Lynq with certain credentials when you authorize us to connect to Service Providers on your behalf for the Services provided.
- Technical, Device and navigational information: We may collect information about your interaction with our Site, App, or Services such as computer browser type, pages visited, average time spent on our Site, App, or Services, IP address, unique identifier of the Device, Device advertising identifier, operating system version and App version.
- Location information: If you choose to use a location enabled aspect of the Services, we may collect location information from your Device and will notify you of this collection. You may control or disable the sharing of location information via your Device setting and/or the Services.
- Social network information: You also may log into the Services through your Facebook account. If you log in through your Facebook account, you will be asked to enter your login credentials and we will ask that you grant us permission to access and collect your basic profile information, including your name, email address, and age. If you allow us to have access to this information, then we will have access to this information even if you have chosen not to make that information public through your Facebook settings. Any Third Party social networking site controls the information it collects from you. For information about you they may use and disclose your information, including any information you make public, please consult their respective privacy policies. We have no control over how any Third Party site uses or discloses the personal information it collects about you.
- Other information: We may request or receive other information such as feedback, questions, comments, suggestions, or ideas to provide you with other benefits or to improve upon the Services. In such instances, you will be given the opportunity to provide or decline that information.
How we use the other information we collect
In addition to how we use the Qualifying Transaction information we collect, we use the information we collect, including your personal information, for the purposes of:
- improving the Site, App, and the Services;
- responding to your inquiries about our Site, App, and Services;
- analyzing usage of our Site, App and Services;
- alerting you to software compatibility issues;
- delivering any administrative notices or alerts and communications relevant to your use of the Services;
- performing market research, project planning, product development, troubleshooting problems, analysis of user behavior, marketing and promotions;
- conducting anonymized user analytics and industry benchmarking;
a transaction in connection with a merger, sale, of substantially all of our assets, or a corporate reorganization.
In order to allow you to use our Site, App, or Services, we may be required to verify your identity. To do so, we may, directly or through our Service Providers, use information you provide and verify it against our Service Providers’ databases or through other sources. We may use your information to verify your identity in the event you contact us for assistance with the Site, App, or Services. We may also use your information to pre-fill form fields on the Services for your convenience.
When you use the App or mobile versions of our Site, we may collect the unique Device identifier assigned to that Device by phone makers, carriers, or makers of the operating system (Device ID). Device IDs allow app developers, advertisers, and others to uniquely identify your Device for purposes of storing application preferences and other data.
We may use your Device ID to contact you directly through push notifications. Additionally, we may use Device IDs to monitor suspicious activity. For example, if we detect that a single Member Account on a Site or App is being accessed from multiple Devices, as determined by tracking the Device IDs that access a Member Account, we may contact the user to ensure that such access has been authorized by the user.
Information we process may be transferred to, stored, and processed in, the United States, Canada, or any other country in which Lynq or its affiliates, subsidiaries, or Service Providers maintain operations. By using and providing information to us through the Site, App, and Services, you agree and consent to the transfer, storage, and processing of your information to any such country in order to provide the Site, App, and Services.
Information we will not collect
For the purposes of additional understanding, as soon as your card is linked, Fidel encrypts your PAN and other card details with bank-level security encryption and replaces all details with an ID number before sending to Visa and Mastercard. Visa and Mastercard then returns a unique ID for your Linked Card which is used for all tracking purposes. Your PAN is never stored.
How we disclose the information we collect
We may share your information with our affiliates and subsidiaries for the purposes of providing the Services.
We may share your information with our Service Providers to enable them to assist in the operation of certain Site and App functions and the Services.
Lynq and its Service Providers, may provide your information in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order, or to an investigative body in the case of a breach of an agreement or contravention of law, or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable Canadian, US or other law. We may also disclose information where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims and to investigate or prevent actual or suspect loss or harm to persons or property.
We may transfer any information we have about you as an asset in connection with a proposed or actual merger, sale, investment, or financing (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings) involving all or part of Lynq or as part of a corporate reorganization or sale or other change in corporate control.
We may license, share or otherwise disclose aggregate, de-identified or anonymous information about users or users’ engagement with the Services with Third Parties for marketing, advertising, analytics, research or similar purposes. For example, we may provide Participating Merchants or Third Parties with aggregated or anonymized information relating to users’ engagement with the Services to allow Participating Merchants and other Third Parties to assess the results of their campaigns.
How we protect the information we collect
We take the security of your information seriously. We use technical, physical and administrative safeguards, such as, but not limited to, firewalls, encryption techniques and authentication procedures to maintain the security of your information.
Fidel encrypts your PAN and other card details with bank-level security encryption and replaces all details with an ID number before sending to Visa and Mastercard. Visa and Mastercard then returns a unique ID for your Linked Card which is used for all tracking purposes. Your PAN is never stored.
Unfortunately, no collection or transmission of information over the Internet or other publicly accessible communications networks can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and therefore, we cannot warrant the security of any such information.
Your App access will be protected with the Sign-In Credentials, including a password, you select. We strongly recommend that you do not disclose your Sign-In Credentials to anyone. We will never ask you for your password in any unsolicited communication (such as letters, phone calls or email messages).
You have the option of receiving periodic Site, App, or Services related alerts, notifications, newsletters or other information via email. You may choose to sign-up or stop receiving alerts and newsletters by indicating your preference in your settings on the App. You may also follow the unsubscribe instructions in the emails you receive. Please note that certain Service-related messages that we send are necessary for the proper functioning and use of the Services and you may not have the ability to opt-out of those messages.
To help operate the Site, App, or Services, enhance your experience, and collect information about online activity, we may place small data files on your computer or other Device. These data files may be in the form of cookies, pixel tags, local shared objects, or other similar technologies. Cookies and similar technologies enable us to personalize our Site and Services for you. These technologies allow us to store and manage your preferences and settings, measure and analyze how you use our Site and effectiveness of our communications, and help us improve our products, Services, and security. Information collected includes internet protocol address, operating system, browser specifics of your Device, Device characteristics, user ID, and specifics regarding your interactions with (i.e., the path you take through) our Site and Services.
Most browsers provide you with the ability to block, delete, or disable these technologies. If you choose to reject cookies or similar technologies, some Services may not be available or some functionality may be limited or unavailable. Please review your browser manufacturer’s help pages for assistance with changing your settings. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your Device’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on Site or App pages. We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our Site and App to, among other things, track the activities of Site visitors and App users, help us manage content, and compile statistics about usage of our Site and App. We and our Service Providers and Third Parties also use clear GIFs in HTML emails to our customers, to help us track email response rates, identify when our emails are viewed, and track whether our emails are forwarded.
Access to your personal information
You have the right to access, update, and correct inaccuracies in your personal information in our custody and control, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law.
You may request access, updating and corrections of inaccuracies in other personal information we have in our custody or control by emailing or writing to us at the contact information set out below. We may request certain personal information for the purposes of verifying the identity of the individual seeking access to their personal information records.
You may also access, review, and update much of the information you have submitted to us at any time via the App. You may also choose to close or request that we delete your Member Account for the Services at any time.
· Device means any mobile device, computer or other device you use to access the App and the Services.
· Linked Card means a Visa or Mastercard credit card registered with your Member Account on the App. Payment cards that are not eligible for use with Lynq include, without limitation, debit cards, corporate and purchasing cards, prepaid and/or gift cards.
· Lynq Rewards means Canadian-currency cash back, earned on Qualifying Transactions.
· Member Account means your Lynq user account created when you sign up to the App and verify your account creation by email.
· Promotional Reward means an offer by us or Third Party that permits you to receive cash back.
· Participating Merchant means a Third Party merchant that provides Promotional Rewards in the App.
· Qualifying Transaction means a personal purchase of a good or service using your Linked Card from a Participating Merchant that complies with all Promotional Reward terms.
· Service Provider means a party retained by us to act on our behalf to provide, or to assist us in providing, the App and the Services.
· Service Provider Services means content and information contained in the Services provided by any Service Provider.
· Third Party means any party other than you, us or a party when acting as a Service Provider. It includes Participating Merchants and parties who provide Third Party Services. It does not include any Payment Card Network.
· Third Party Services means any products or services provided by a Third Party that can be used or accessed on or through the App or a Third Party that we refer you to (including Participating Merchants) for other products and services.
· we, us and our means Lynq Connections Inc..